I. Am. Dying.
I. Am. Dying.
i mean yes it’s borderline hilarious that mitt romney considers paul ryan qualified for vice presidency but we have to remember that mitt romney also considers mitt romney qualified for presidency
“We know the candidate Barack Obama what he was like, the anti-war goverment nigg—the uh—…”
NO YOU DIDN’T!
XD RIGHT CLICK SAVE
Who are you voting for?
Wait wait wait—I was looking at the notes for this—are people taking this as a reason to vote for Obama? To vote for anyone on this chart? To vote for anyone representing the murderous interests of neoliberal late capitalism?
This would imply that Lincoln was something other than a racist capitalist who destroyed civil liberties.
The Republicans have cranked out some truly incredible quotes in the last few days.
"President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob.”
"I don’t believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute."
— Rick Santorum, in an interview on ABC’s This Week.
"Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans, but I have some friends who are NASCAR team owners."
— Mitt Romney, quoted by CBS News, when asked whether or not he follows NASCAR.
Hat tip: Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire, Huffington Post
"Republicans being against sex is not good. Sex is popular."
— GOP strategist Alex Castellanos, quoted by Maureen Dowd.
Corporations are People. Women, Not so Much
What’s not to like about Ron Paul?
- His racism.
- His horrible economic plan.
- His awful views on civil liberties.
Let me add to that:
• He doesn’t believe in the separation of church and state.
• He believes abortion should be illegal.
• He doesn’t support the repeal of DOMA and didn’t support the repeal of DADT.
• He doesn’t support putting more money into inner-city schools, but does support vouchers for religious schools.
• He believes creationism should be taught alongside evolution in public schools.
• He doesn’t believe HIV causes AIDS.
• While he doesn’t support a federal ban on gay marriage, he also doesn’t support a federal law legalizing gay marriage. Some see this as a states’ rights issue, and this is how he frames it, but he does support other federal legalization movements (drugs, for example).
• His newsletter spouted horrible racist content for twenty years.
• He believes in reinstating the gold standard, which most economists believe was one of the major causes of several financial crises during the early part of the 20th Century, including the Great Depression.
• He believes in free market Capitalism.
• He wants to get rid of Affirmative Action.
This picture of him makes me laugh.
I have a few reasons I’d like to contribute…
- He voted to ban same-sex couples from adopting children (in DC)
- He wants to eliminate the department of education
- He is against raising taxes on the 1%
- He wants to get rid of income tax all together
- He wants to deregulate Wall St.
- He thinks climate change is a hoax
- He is against the EPA- even after the Gulf Oil spill of 2010 he was advocating deregulating big business and oil companies
- He wants to repeal The Affordable Healthcare Act
- He would do away with medicaid, medicare, food stamps, welfare, and social security.
- He was against the Civil Rights Act & the Americans with Disabilities Act
- He has been in government for about 14 years and has only gotten ONE of his bills passed (out of 464)
- He is against increasing airport security, proposing that instead we just give pilots guns (no joke).
- Against the Auto-Industry restructuring which saved 2 million jobs and put our car industry back on top
- He supports a state’s right to imprison people for having consensual anal sex in the privacy of their bedrooms
Assistant teacher at a preschool. :~)
Unfortunately I contracted herpes from my ex-partner....