The Marienbrunnen (Marian Fountain) in Großgmain, Austria.
A rare variation of the Immaculata theme, Mary is shown squirting water from both her breasts, a reference to the maternal care she provides.
Anonymous said: I feel so useless sitting here. What can I do to help Ferguson??
national moment of silence 2014 (for victims of police brutality)
share the following:
i feel like i’d enjoy being an assassin if it didn’t involve killing people
what if instead of killing people you got hired to just ruin their day. like the mafia or someone paid you to park behind someone’s car so they can’t back out of a spot when they’re in a rush in the morning and you make them late for work.
i would enjoy that immensely
there is a long list of people that i would gladly do that to without payment
"ahh yes a 2007 Pinot from…Napa Valley I believe? A very good year"
Two ways of dealing with tear gas grenades from comrades in Turkey: Either submerge them in water. Make sure you can close off the container cause the gas will still spread for a while. Or throw them in the fire so the gas burns off before it can spread.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
A Surprise Pride and Prejudice Engagement
(Note: This isn’t me)
See? This is a tailor-made proposal. Not some “big screen of basketball game nonsense. This person took into account his girlfriend’s pastimes and favourite things in the world, knew how close to the family she was and engineered the perfect engagement proposal, without a doubt managing to make sure this would please her (surely her mother and sisters would know).
This is how you do big gestures.
An analysis of autism research covering genetics, brain imaging, and cognition led by Laurent Mottron of the University of Montreal has overhauled our understanding of why autism potentially occurs, develops and results in a diversity of symptoms. The team of senior academics involved in the…
- First Job!
Assistant teacher at a preschool. :~)
- “In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.”— Toni Morrison (via howardtuniverse)
- A PSA to HSV+ people worried about telling a new sexual partner:
Unfortunately I contracted herpes from my ex-partner....